Tuesday, January 08, 2013

The smell of a decaying society is....

1. Really didn't realize I don't like the taste of Allspice very much. Jerk pork. Not my favorite.
2. Dogs are really spoiled. They don't want to potty outside because it's raining.
3. Nothing is as crazy-making for a recruiter as a client who decides on a candidate and wants to bring him back one last time, just to have the candidate say that he has another offer and needs to decide in the next few hours.
4. I get down on myself a lot because some days I don't take a shower until noon or wash my hair. A lot of my time is spent in yoga clothes. I wear comfortable shoes. I have this secret fear that I am letting myself go too far. That I will be judged - harshly. That I'm somehow less worthy and less respectable. And, in some ways I am.
But last night, a woman in front of me at a store bent down to pick something up and the stench of feces nearly overcame me. I was not that close to her. She was not that old, but she did walk with a cane. She was enormously overweight. She had car keys in her hand. Her hair was covered with a baseball cap.
Now I know there are extenuating circumstances. It could have been a massive accident that had just happened. However there was no wet stain on her backside.
So how is it possible that she thought it OK to go out without wiping herself properly or taking a bath?
How has our society gotten to the point where it's OK to be at Target in such a condition buying random groceries?
Am I the only one disgusted by this lack of self respect? Respect for others?
5. I forgot my favorite sweater at Bean's.

No comments: