Monday, January 07, 2013

This guy wrote a book. It's called Fat Chance.
He says that sugar is killing us. He made some very salient points.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Lustig

And so I was busy feeling smug about my healthy choices - since I don't have a sweet tooth - and I realized that I'm not quite as sugar free as I'd have thought.
1. I have sugar in my coffee and tea.
2. I eat granola (thought it is homemade and gluten free)
3. Peanut butter is loaded with sugar.
4. My salad dressings contain sugar
5. My spice rubs contain sugar
6. Restaurant food contains sugar
and I add sugar to yogurt.

However, I add sugar to yogurt in the form of honey.
And of this list, the only one I buy commercially is Peanut Butter.
So aside from my caffeine habit, the worst offender in my diet is ... restaurant food.

If only I could convince myself that some horrible, unnamed, devestating thing will not happen to me if I just stop going out to eat all the time.

Anyone else read the book or hear this guy speak recently? Thoughts?

No comments: