Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Today, I had thought to write about codependency and surviving a relationship with an addict.
But it turns out I need to work out some serious selfishness first. So, a list of gratitude.

Grateful that my hairdresser is funny and smart and really good. Not to mention he seems to really like seeing me. And his salon is fun. He puts me in a good mood. Thanks Drew Kime.
Grateful that the refrigerator is not making that horrid noise any more.
Grateful for Bose Wave Radio.
Grateful for Bluetooth.
Grateful for Smart Phones.
Grateful for inexpensive Spay/Neuter programs that allow us (League of Animal Protectors) to continue to rescue and alter animals so that they will not reproduce and make the overpopulation problem worse.
Grateful that all the dogs are healthy.
Grateful that 80 plus friends were able to make it to the annual New Year's Day Formal event yesterday.
Grateful for boutique Olive Oil and the good friend who gave me some for Christmas.
Still grateful for Udi's Gluten Free Bread.
Grateful for quiet nights and board games.
Grateful that no one I know was hurt in a drunk driving accident in 2012.
Grateful for Groupon coupons for King Spa.
Grateful for my new slate floor.
Grateful for some really good climbing the last two times I went.
Grateful for colored pens. And New Year's Solutions.
Grateful for heated leather seats.
Grateful Cook's Illustrated Magazine.
Grateful for cream of Tomato Basil Soup
Grateful for Grilled Cheese.
Grateful for Christmas lights and that I got to see them in my neighborhood for the last month.
Grateful for vacuums. Oh, you have no idea how grateful I am for vacuums.
Grateful for REI.
Grateful for a warming trend this weekend.
Grateful for the chance to ride my mountain bike.
Grateful for friends who help me with errands.
Grateful for good Scotch.
Grateful for emails from my fairy god child.
Grateful for old friends from college who give me perspective.
Grateful for friends who trust me enough that I can tell them the truth.
Grateful for Goodwill.
Grateful for pumpkin pie filling.
Grateful for NPR.
Grateful for Charcoal, and smokers and smoked meat. YUM.
Grateful for Broadway Show Tunes.
Grateful for blogger.

No comments: