Monday, March 11, 2013

I am attempting a new cocktail of drugs. Dayquil plus Mucinex. Not that I necessarily want more drugs in my system, but I can't seem to shake this stupid cold. So, the Dayquil has acetaminophen (Tylenol), plus the ingredients in cough syrup (minus the codeine) and the ingredients in Sudafed. The Mucinex is for thinning the mucus. I need it out of my head, and I don't want it to clog my lungs, and I can't keep coughing it up because I've already ruined on Chiropractic adjustment and on a part-time income I cannot afford to just throw away money.
Last night I coughed for at least two hours. Consequently, I have sore ribs. I slept late. And no one else got to sleep on time either. I wanted to avoid taking any codeine-laced cough syrup because the codeine makes random parts of my body numb. I am not a fan.
And, I have not been to Yoga in a week. It feels like a month. I haven't climbed, ridden or even walked. I am not taking care of myself so that I can get better. I am simply trying to stay awake and keep from drowning in my own phlegm.
****
North Korea is an irrational place. And I am scared.... really scared... to think what they are going to do next. I'm just wondering if it's not time to take out the regime by force. And you guys know me. You know I do not often speak of using force to solve ANY international problems. But really. REALLY.
****
Brandon got a road bike and road to work. I am so happy for him. He researched and bought it used. And he got a pretty good deal. I think he's really going to enjoy it. Not that we have time to be on our bikes. Ever. This weekend we could have ridden but I was sick and then it rained.
****
How do you take all the things you're supposed to take in a day, never mind the drug cocktail mentioned above, and not feel like a freak?
I want to take pro-biotics, food enzymes, anti-oxidents (Acai?), Omega-3 (fish oil, flax seed), vitamin C (emergen-C), and Vitamins B and D. By the time I force down all those things, I am gagging and have over-eaten. Not to mention, I am not entirely sure they don't contradict each other.
A multi-vitamin had not enough of the things listed above that I need, and other stuff I really don't want.
Does anyone else find it odd that they're taking a long list of supplements every day?
****
Great Supper club last night. Except that I missed getting to eat salad. I am reminded how creative people can make things happen even in a tiny, tiny kitchen. I just hope we didn't stash a dirty pot somewhere so creative that it won't be found until the kitchen is remodeled.
****
Drug cocktail working. Nose is clear. Coughing has stopped. Not much pain. But, now all I want to do is sleep.

No comments: